Strange ball python behavior
RCReptiles.com Forum Index RCReptiles.com
Ball Python Forum (Return to RCReptiles.com)

Ball Pythons for SaleBall Pythons for Sale  Ron's Ball Python BlogRon's Ball Python Blog  FAQFAQ
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages
SearchSearch   RegisterRegister     Log inLog in   WAP enabled and accessible through your wireless cell phone!

Google

Bookmark and Share
Strange ball python behavior
Goto page 1, 2  Next

RonCrawford
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Strange ball python behavior Reply with quote

Does your ball python do strange things at times? If so, what strange things does it do? Smile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to yawn 10-20 minutes after I take him out after he settles down, also earliar today I saw him moving his head kinda weird, rubbing it along the side of his dish and pushing it against the glass.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine ha a very odd ritualistic pattern, I'll put him around my neck he'll lye there for awhile, then he proceeds to go down my shirt through the neck of my shirt or the sleeve and curls up on my belly. If I lift my shirt to look at him he lifts his head and tilts it looking up at me as if hes about to raise an eyebrow

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Radical wrote:
Seems to yawn 10-20 minutes after I take him out after he settles down, also earliar today I saw him moving his head kinda weird, rubbing it along the side of his dish and pushing it against the glass.

I would check him for mites. I had a snake that rubbed his head and found mites causing him grief!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GingerValentine wrote:
Mine ha a very odd ritualistic pattern, I'll put him around my neck he'll lye there for awhile, then he proceeds to go down my shirt through the neck of my shirt or the sleeve and curls up on my belly. If I lift my shirt to look at him he lifts his head and tilts it looking up at me as if hes about to raise an eyebrow

lol...aww!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kombat wrote:
Radical wrote:

I would check him for mites. I had a snake that rubbed his head and found mites causing him grief!

I've looked very closely on numerous occasions, can't find any mites at all.

GingerValentine

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kombat wrote:
GingerValentine wrote:

lol...aww!

he does something almost like your avatar Laughing

Kubi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine lives in his climb tree. He nestles in on the top branch and the screen, which is a pain for me to open.

deborahbroadus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo'Money kisses me...You may have seen it in the video! Very Happy

deborahbroadus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Radical wrote:
kombat wrote:
Radical wrote:

I've looked very closely on numerous occasions, can't find any mites at all.

They ARE hard to spot and if they are living under the scales..harder still. I always give mine a shot of Reptile Relief..just for preventative measures. Cool

GingerValentine

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They ARE hard to spot and if they are living under the scales..harder still. I always give mine a shot of Reptile Relief..just for preventative measures. Cool[/quote]

oh god, eesh they can be under the scales...thats such a horrible immage imagine if it was you..eek

Worm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if they are under the scales wouldn't you be able to spot them on the outside as well? Mine does that same head thing right after eating... I have put her under a scope and do not see any type of mite or movement.... Deb, is the spray you mentioned a preventative only or is it a cure for mites as well?

Just looked up Reptile Relief and it is a cure as well....

TAZMOM

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think with baby dax it's more personality than behavior, but i'll share anyway. he loves to lay in bed w/ me across my stomach and chest w/ his head on my shoulder like a baby when he gets bored there and moves his head behind my earlobe and flicks his tounge as if to give kisses. he really seems to be in tune w/ me. if some one else has him and i come in the room he instantly seeks me out and wants me and will settle for nothing less. he will also curl up while i'm reading w/ the t.v on and watchs t.v. or curls up on my arm while i'm typing and watchs the screen. i know you all are going to think i'm really crazy but it's true. all of my friend think he's spoiled rotten. but if you're going to have a pet why not spoil them. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

TAZMOM

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think with baby dax it's more personality than behavior, but i'll share anyway. he loves to lay in bed w/ me across my stomach and chest w/ his head on my shoulder like a baby when he gets bored there and moves his head behind my earlobe and flicks his tounge as if to give kisses. he really seems to be in tune w/ me. if some one else has him and i come in the room he instantly seeks me out and wants me and will settle for nothing less. he will also curl up while i'm reading w/ the t.v on and watchs t.v. or curls up on my arm while i'm typing and watchs the screen. i know you all are going to think i'm really crazy but it's true. all of my friend think he's spoiled rotten. but if you're going to have a pet why not spoil them. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

TAZMOM

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ball Pythons in the Wild 2 hour DVD video
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RCReptiles.com Forum Index -> Ball Pythons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2