Comment from: jennifer plymale [Visitor] Email
i just got a new baby ball python from the pet store in October and i can`t get him to eat for some reason.
Is it because of the time of year? Because thats what ive heard from alot of people.
12/24/08 @ 15:01
Comment from: Ron Crawford [Member]
jennifer plymale: Take a look at the blog about pet store ball pythons. Best of luck.
12/24/08 @ 16:02
Comment from: Alex [Visitor] Email
THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!! This helped me sooo much thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!
12/27/08 @ 09:47
Comment from: freddy [Visitor] Email
I have my snake for 2 months aready and lately she's been striking at me and I hold her almost ever single day for about 30 min to a hour. And she still strikes at me when I want to get her out of her cage. (And I don't make fast movents)
05/15/09 @ 18:40
Comment from: lovemypythons [Visitor] Email
i have recently added a new adition to my python family. she is larger than my others, oder. i thought that all my pythons were girls but it turns out that one is a boy for the first couple of days i left the new girl alone i waited to feed her becasue she was new to the house even though i was told it was her feeding day. well tonight she bit me. my leg. i am a big girl. there is no way she thought i am food andd she went uner my leg and i did not move i did nothing to startle her. she did not jsut let go when she realize i was to large to be food. after a lengthy period of time her jaws had to be forced open. she is the first young adult snake ive gotten usually they are babies. it burns...pythons are not venemous. is it possible to be allergic to snake saliva. it is numb and burning at the same time. i havent handle any rats lately and i thought it was better to let them acclimate before feeding them even if it meant messing up their schedule. my husband says now she wont eata mice or ratgs since she has tasted my blood is this true?
10/05/09 @ 20:50
Comment from: steven b. [Visitor] Email
Just bought son a ball for Christmas,what tips can you offer concerning strikes or bites? I know to do feedings outside of his tank any other suggestions on how to minimize our chances og getting popped?
12/12/09 @ 12:55
Comment from: Violent J [Visitor] Email
i have recently purchased a 4 foot ball python when i got him he was pretty calm now that i have had him for about 2 weeks he is more lively an moving about when i hold him and he keep getting in his stance like he is fixin to strike i have recently fed him on march 15 thinking that he was hungry but his mood still has not changed i was wondering if anyone could give me any information on what is causing him do this this if so please e-mail me at [email protected] if anyone can help it would really be appreciated thnx
03/17/10 @ 20:32
Comment from: aaron [Visitor]
my ball phyton bit me
04/11/10 @ 02:49
Comment from: Mike [Visitor] Email
I will certainly try some of the tips here. I recently adopted a mostly neglected ball python. When I got him, his habitat was filthy, his hide was full of shed skin, and he was fed regularly in his cage. There was alos a lot of marijuana smoked in his environment.

The first couple weeks he was ok, only trying to strike at me once or twice. But in the last ten days he will not let my hand in his habitat at all. He strikes at everything. I had to use a hook to take him out a few days ago and he struck repeatedly at his heat lamp. If I try to hold him he squirms like crazy trying to get around to bite me. His temperature kept at around 80, and I'm doing what I can to keep humidity up but it generally rests around 40%. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
08/28/10 @ 17:00
Comment from: Brittany Wester [Visitor] Email
I just got a nearly full grown female. when I first got her home I was handling her and she was fine, it was her scheduled day to feed and I noticed that once in her cage she was showing signs of being hungry. I fed her a small rat and she ate readily but since then she has been striking at everything, even if i just walk by her cage, is there a reason and will she stop doing this once she settles in?
10/04/10 @ 15:23

This post has 31 feedbacks awaiting moderation...