Comment from: joe kernan [Visitor] Email
The only question I have is the water I should give my Ball Python. Should I let it sit out first to let the chlorine evaporate? Or would it be better to buy water treatment? Or does it really make a difference?
Thanks,
Joe
06/12/07 @ 14:27
Comment from: Ron Crawford [Member]
The chlorine will dissipate on its own naturally through evaporation within a 24 hour period. You don't need to add any products to remove the chlorine. You can let water sit for a day before using it in your ball pythons' tank as well.
06/12/07 @ 15:07
Comment from: Tom [Visitor] Email
Why is it better to use UTH heaters then lights above the tank?
10/25/07 @ 23:07
Comment from: dylan [Visitor] Email
My ball python has escaped. Any suggestions on how to find her? I'm afraid she'll eat my sister's 3.5 pound puppy befor I find her. I've looked all over the house but I can't imagine where she might be.
11/09/07 @ 01:25
Comment from: Ron Crawford [Member]
In my opinion, UTH heaters are better because they heat the belly directly and constantly.

With respect to your ball python escaping, check the forums as there are many threads that address this very subject. Your ball python will not eat your dog, don't worry about that.
11/09/07 @ 02:30
Comment from: Andrew [Visitor] Email
what should the humidity level be in my ball python tank?
12/20/07 @ 15:59
Comment from: Courtney [Visitor] Email
Good Day Ron, we just bought a ball python for our son. I just brought it home today. Like the novice I am, I put the temp and hum gauge at the top. The "hot" side says 75 degrees and 75 humidity. I will be getting new gauges and putting them near the substrate, but do you think it is warm enough in there at the bottom. We have one uth on the bottom (the kind for 20 gal tanks) and then one on the side of the tank on the same side. Please help. I have searched and searched and found you...
12/21/07 @ 13:06
Comment from: Ron Crawford [Member]
Please re-post your questions in our ball python forum, thank you.
01/02/08 @ 08:36
Comment from: Kellie [Visitor] Email
I have searched the internet but can't find the answer I am looking for and I hope you can help. I was wondering if my ball pythons cave should be sitting on top of the uth or sitting somewhere else in the tank. Could you help me out? Thank you
01/30/08 @ 13:22
Comment from: Ron Crawford [Member]
You may want to place a hide near the UTH and one away from the UTH. Your ball python will thermoregulate itself so there would be a hide in each area if it chooses to utilize them when doing so. Hope this helps.
01/30/08 @ 19:45
Comment from: Juan [Visitor]
I have a ceramic bulb in one corner of my balls housing, there is also a heating pad on the side of the tank with a hide. I have another hide right in the middle of the tank with no heating. And a hide at the opposite end of the tank with a small UTH. He seems to switch around as he feels comfortable. Humidity is usually around 55-60.
02/05/08 @ 09:06
Comment from: Eric [Visitor] Email
I have a large branch for my ball, I was told that average tree branches have too much oil in them, and need to be a specific type. So my question is can I add another that just came from outside? if so why would people buy them? I was handed this one down from a friend and have little experience with this.
10/13/08 @ 17:11
Comment from: Ron Crawford [Member]
Eric: There are a few good threads in our ball python forum that talk about how to sanitize external wood so it will be sterile and usable in a ball python tank. A search in the forum should yield some good information for you.
10/13/08 @ 18:33
Comment from: Ariel [Visitor] Email
I just got a baby ball the other day. I have his hide on the side of his "Hot Side"...New york winters are pretty cold and I can't seem to get his tank past 71 degrees....He seems fine but I can't help wondering if he's going to fry himself on his heat pad...I could use some advice on other heating options...the heat lamp I have just dry's his tank up to quickly...I know there pretty hardy...but I can't help to worry
11/02/08 @ 15:50
Comment from: Ron Crawford [Member]
Ariel: Stop through our ball python forum when you get a chance. There are a lot of threads that discuss this very topic and share good solutions as well.
11/02/08 @ 16:02
Comment from: toni [Visitor] Email
my ball python escaped for awhile and when she returned she looked good but i cant get her to eat now i've tryed frozen and fresh she has had both but now she wont take anything please help
03/17/09 @ 13:15
Comment from: Josh [Visitor]
Do you think that Eco-Earth is a good substrate for a Ball Python? I've read mixed things on that...some say aspen and other's use Eco-Earth. What would you recommend?
08/28/10 @ 11:02
Comment from: Ron Crawford [Member]
Josh: I've never used Eco-Earth so I can't be of much help to you about that product. We do use aspen and it's a pretty decent substrate. I'm sure one of our members in the ball python forum has used Eco-Earth and can be of more assistance about this product. Please post your question there for a quick response from our members.
08/28/10 @ 11:11

This post has 44 feedbacks awaiting moderation...